Monday, July 06, 2009

I don't heart N.Y.

We headed to New York this weekend, and drove. Let's just say, we won't do that again! Actually, let me tell you why. It's funny, a friend of ours, Chuck (who use to live in NY), said, "You are patient people, you can drive in New York." We actually believed his compliment, that we are patient! We should have known better. Patience (along with extremely defensive driving) is definitely what it takes, and we actually don't have it. But, Nate definitely is a defensive driver! Maybe even an offensive driver. Just kidding! Next time, if there is a next time, we will take a train or ferry.





We went to Lombardi's for lunch, a pizza place that we heard we HAD to eat at. It was tasty, not delectable, but praiseworthy. Our crust was a little burnt. Sorry no pictures. I felt too touristy to take a picture there, which is silly; most people in NY are tourists, and those who aren't are used to us. Oh well.




But I had no issues with taking pictures at Central Park. We only saw a little corner since our energy was drained from walking so many blocks from our parking spots and having our adrenaline pumping from driving there (ok I am exaggerating). We may go again, or not. I'd be ok if we didn't. I know, I am a party pooper and unadventurous. I get it from my mom. Trust me, she isn't offended by that. She probably takes it as a compliment even. huh mom? :)

Sorry for the long, rambling post. I never do this.