Friday, December 25, 2009

A Merry Christmas

First of all, I hope all had a wonderful Christmas. We did. It is getting more fun every year as the boys get older and more into Christmas. Tanner got to be pretty good buddies with the mall Santa this year from us walking there a couple times a week.
We spent Christmas morning at our place. Started with cereal (Fruit Loops) that the boys picked out; a tradition we picked up from the Braggs. Then stockings and presents. I think the boys would have been fine with just the few toys they got in their stockings. I am thinking we shouldn't have gotten as many presents as we did, which really wasn't many. They are so easily excited by small simple gifts. They got a couple games, cars and movies. Santa got them a sled.
I love Tanner's faces when he was getting into his stocking. Dallin's favorite thing was this Mickie Mouse coloring book. He carried it around and flipped through it most of the morning.
We went to Paul and Paula's in Rexburg for the afternoon. We ate good food, watched "Four Christmases" and played Rummikub. I always like to try new recipes for the holidays. I did an eggnog cheese cake that was awesome. Eggnog fudge too. Pretty good, but preferred Paul's chocolate walnut fudge. We had way too many sweets. But that is what Christmas is for right? Back to a healthy diet tomorrow. I am doing an hour and a half spinning class tomorrow morning to make up for it too. :)