Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Deceptively Delicious"

I have been reading about kid's nutrition lately, specifically "Disease-Proof Your Child" by Joel Fuhrman, M.D. And I feel bad about Tanner's diet after learning how critical good nutrition is in the early years. He appears to have asthma, and I've read in many sources that an excellent diet can get rid of symptoms. So I looked up cookbooks that have healthy, kid friendly meals and came across Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. She is sneaky by putting vegetable, bean and fruit purees in all her recipes. I've only tried a couple recipes and they've been a success! I spent an hour this morning blending up a bunch of veggies and am excited to throw them in anything and everything.

Also I have to say how proud I am of Nate. For 2 reasons. First, he is drinking green smoothies with me now! and second, he got all A's last semester. Ok, some were A-, but those are still A's.