Thursday, September 13, 2012

Oh, yeah, did I mention we got a car?

 A couple weeks ago we found my dream car, a Toyota Sienna, on craigslist. I know, who's dream car is a mini van? But mine really is. They are so practical for families. It was time to get a new one. We had been borrowing my brothers car who is on his mission until March. His girlfriend will be coming back from her mission in January and will be needing the car to drive, so of course she is more important that us, so she gets my brother's car. It is ok, we love our van.
Have you ever had pear butter? A friend of mine gave me a bottle a few months ago and I fell in love. It is so good! Our church owns a pear farm in my town and the members pick pears every August and preserve them to give to those in need. After the pears have been picked off the trees members can go pick up the pears that have fallen to the ground for free. It is win win really. I get lots of free pear butter and they don't have to do all the clean up. If you want to make your own here is one way to do it. 
And just a couple cute pictures of Ashlyn.