Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Grinch, and other stuff

We borrowed "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" from some friends around Christmas time, and we ended up getting it as a gift later. Dallin is obsessed with the Grinch for some reason. Wants to watch the movie everyday and sleeps with the book we have.

Dallin is our unmotivated child. Tanner teaches himself to tie his own shoes, ride a two wheeled bike, hula hoop, and then there is Dallin, who is the opposite. NOT THAT WE LOVE ONE MORE THAN THE OTHER. I AM JUST SAYING THEY ARE DIFFERENT. He doesn't like to dress himself. Still wears a diaper at night. Won't even put on his own velcro shoes! I have been trying to make him dress himself for a long, long time. He is starting to now, but this is what we get: Pants on backwards, shirt on inside out and backwards. And underwear: I have seen them on backwards, inside out, 2 pair at a time, and on his head.
Ashlyn is 15 months now and this is as close as we get to walking.I think she will do it within the month. All my kids walk around 16 months it appears. She seems extra delayed since I have a couple friends whose babies are walking very early, like around 9 months. So Ashlyn has these younger friends who are running circles around her. It is fine by me, just funny to see.
And an update on my diet. I have been adding lots of healthy fats back into my diet and am actually losing weight. I was kind of skeptical about trying it, but gave it a go. I don't even remember the last time I was this low. Maybe junior high. I was kind of chubby. Pretty strange how by eating fat I am losing it. The most recent book I read was "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" and am going to implement a few things from that book into my diet as well. I will keep you updated, if you care to know.