Saturday, May 07, 2011

Lovin' Oregon

I have been loving Oregon this time around. I didn't care for it when we were here in the winter. This time I love being outside. Love the beauty. The playgrounds. Having stuff to do. And people are more friendly than I remember them being when I was growing up here. It is probably because I have kids now. I went grocery shopping the other day and only had Ashlyn with me. She was dressed like the picture below. I think about 6 people/groups of people stopped to talk to me about her dress and headband, how cute she is, and one couple (lesbian couple, I think) even told me how beautiful they thought I was. Weird. My boys never got attention like this. Is it a little girl thing?
I am glad I am my kids' photographer. They are a tough crowd when they are together.
 
 Tanner, a typical boy. Riding a bike with a sword stored in the back of his shirt.
By the way, I completed my first week of the Insanity workout. It is strangely addicting. One of those workouts you have to psych yourself up for because it is torturous. But when you are done, the endorphins are flowing and you feel like you can do anything. I don't have too much to lose. I think 5lbs would be great, and do-able. I lost 1/2 inch around my hips and waist, and that was still eating ice cream every day. : ) I think I will cut out the ice cream and see how it goes next week.