Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Life Happens"

That is what my friend Sharla said when I told her I couldn't go walking this morning because Dallin was getting stitches. And so it does. Bumps and cuts are part of life, especially for a toddler. Dallin tripped over Ashlyn's swing and hit his head on a kitchen chair on his way to the ground. Got a gash that "needed repair", as the nurse said, so he got 3 stitches. He is a brave boy. They wrapped him up like a mummy to make sure he kept his hands out of the way. My heart broke when they poked him with a needle right in his owie to numb it. He tried to not cry, pursing his lips so tight to hold it in. I almost passed out just watching. I can watch stuff like that on TV, but when it is my son and it's right there in front of me, it is totally different.

My mom said I shouldn't post about this right after I posted about Mason getting hurt at our house or someone might report me to the police as being abusive. Ha Ha. But it is a pretty big deal: first time Dallin has been admitted to a hospital.