I couldn't be more happy with my boys' obsession with books these days. One of our new year's goals is to limit TV to 0-1 hour a day for the kids. In place of TV we get out the huge basket of books we have and read and read until I can't take it anymore. We also do a lot of puzzles. But they would read all day, especially Dallin, and the same book over and over again. He takes a book in the car, and he sleeps with them. It has taken some sacrifice of my time, but it has been so worth it. This morning--I was so proud--Tanner watched a show, then turned off the TV and said "We're done with TV", then he played with some boxes that we will use for moving. He said he was building a water dam. They seem to think more creatively and I feel like they play better together too lately, except in the stroller when we walk at the mall everyday; they tease relentlessly. I feel like a much better mom too since I am not doing my own thing all day while the TV babysits them.
If you don't read to your kids much, do it. It is so satisfying.

If you don't read to your kids much, do it. It is so satisfying.
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go."
— Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!"