Nate and I are having a debate on whether or not Tanner is ready for a big kid bed. Nate says he remembers falling out of his bed throughout his childhood, so why would Tanner be ready now? He thinks we should wait to transition him until we have to take the crib away from him to give it to Dallin.
I say lets try taking the front rail off of the crib to see if Tanner is ready for a big kid bed before Dallin comes. Of course I took it off before discussing it with Nate; not realizing it would be an issue. But, if Tanner is ready we could get him a toddler bed now so he forgets about the crib and doesn't resent Dallin for taking his crib AND his mom's attention. Just a side note, I babysat a 6 month old who was needing to be held a lot and Tanner hated it! So I am afraid Tanner is going to hate Dallin. Anyway, I put pillows on the floor in case he falls. We don't have a guard rail, wish we did.
I am not asking for you to take a side and say who is right because we both have valid concerns. But I am wondering when you all transition your kids out of a crib? Were they ready? Did they take some bad falls?