Sunday, April 23, 2017

Shiitake rash and other stuff


Nate started getting this weird rash in patches all over his body. Not your typical hives, so we weren't sure what it was. Of course I go to Google and look up "streaky rash". Found out that shiitake mushrooms can have a toxin in them that some people are sensitive to, Nate being one of these people. We cooked with shiitake mushrooms for the first time a few days ago.

This is what the rash looks like. Crazy right?!? Poor guy. He is just waiting it out because there isn't really much you can do. The toxins gradually leave your body. It isn't an allergy, so allergy medications aren't touching it. From what we've read this kind of rash is pretty rare.

Thank goodness for internet though. I was reading stories of people with this rash that stumped dermatologists and it ended up costing tons of money in all kinds of testing. 

A couple of preschool pics of Amber at preschool.


 Jordan came to town this weekend looking at some job opportunities. We took him to Tanner's baseball game and then Dallin's early soccer game. To a see "Boss Baby" and then to the 2nd ward party at the train park. It was a fun weekend. Glad he could come visit. 
Amber blowing dandelion seeds all over the field. 
This was the only pic I got with Jordan, how lame am I?