I used to think I wanted a big house with lots of bedrooms so the kids could have their own rooms, but when I go to check on the girls and find them asleep like this picture below, I change my mind. They bond so much when they are in their room at night. I love to hear Tanner and Dallin talking and laughing in their room too.
During Christmas break all of us except Nate got a stomach bug. It was pretty miserable. This was the designated throw up bowl since we have a problem making it to the toilet to puke. I've thrown it away.
Dallin had some friends over and they literally played with Legos for a couple hours. It was fantastic! These boys are each pretty energetic, so it was nice to have them focusing all their energy in creating stuff.
Nate really wanted to play in the snow, so we got out all the snow gear and headed out to the mountains. We intended to go to a snow play area by Hiatt Lake, but when we got there the road into the park looked bad, so we ended up just playing outside of the park on the side of the road. I decided I don't like playing in the snow. I got out long enough to throw a few snow balls and take a couple pictures, then Amber and I stayed in the car until the others were ready to leave.
Nate will take the three older kids to Snow Capades with the scouts next month. I am relieved I don't have to go. :)
For Christmas Tanner and Dallin got dinosaur quilts from their grandma Spence. Since I had super hero decor before I had to change it. I looked around the internet for some ideas, and this is what I ended up doing on the boys' wall. I love art, but I don't have much time to do it, so this felt like a good excuse to use my talent. The girls want me to paint on their wall now. They have princess quilts, so I will have to think of something for them.
Tanner finished a season of basketball. He played on a team with several kids from his soccer team. Paula played college basketball, so she knows her stuff. She gave Tanner some pointers throughout the season. She'd be an awesome coach. Dallin will start basketball at the YMCA next week.
Nate took the boys ice skating one evening when me and the girls were at a girly birthday party. Tanner came home with bruises on his knees, but they had a great time.
