Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bravery

Don't these glasses suit Dallin? Actually, maybe not, aren't they cop-like glasses? Dallin is much to sweet to be a cop.
 Dallin has always loved swings. Usually spends most of his playground time on a swing.
 This is a cool merry-go-round type structure. "Look Mom! No hands!" 
Dallin tries so hard to be brave. He had a non brave moment when he climbed up a climbing wall and didn't know how to get down. He was crying til I discovered him. (Probably less than a minute).  He felt betrayed because I walked off for a minute and he got stuck. Broke my heart. He said "Mom, I wasn't brave on that wall. That was scary." He took off his sun glasses and wipes away his tears and says, "Can you help me on that thing [monkey bars] after I wipe the water from my eyes from when I cried because you didn't come and I was scared?"
 Tanner stayed on the merry-go-round the whole time. I thought for sure he would throw up. We had just been at a birthday party with all the junky food: chips, hot dogs, soda, cake. He was surprisingly ok.
I can't wait [actually I can] to see how my boys look as grown up men. I just think they are such handsome little guys right now.