Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pink eye and other fun stuff

Pink eye started at our house about a month ago. Tanner had it, then it was gone for a bit, then Nate got it, then Ashlyn, and now Dallin. I hope it will pass me over. Those darn drops are nearly impossible to give to a kid 4 times a day!

Tanner had another soccer game today. He is feeling discouraged. He played a team today that knew how to play soccer well; lots had played several seasons. And the Purple Panthers got whooped again. Bad. Tanner said the kids on the white team are mean. He isn't used to fighting over a ball. If he does it at home he gets in big trouble, so it is tricky. I feel bad, he is there to have fun, and some are there to win. He loves practices where they just play games to learn skills. He gets to the field all energetic and pumped, and by the end of a game defeat is written all over his face. They are 5 years olds! We should start with fun and sportsmanship in athletics. Tanner's coach is doing really great and encourages fun the entire time.
 Tanner is quite the trickster/show off on his scooter.
Do you see what Ashlyn is trying to do? I may have a walker soon. Ok, probably not actually, but this is where it all starts. I give her 2 months. 
Tanner is a faithful helmet wearer. I use scare tactics as needed, and I told him his head could crack open like an egg if he doesn't wear his helmet. If he sees someone not wearing one on their bike or motorcycle he says, "Mom, that guy is not safe/smart. If he crashes he will crack his head open." 
"Yes, Tanner, that is right."
Whatever works right? Right.