Saturday, December 11, 2010

Twisted

At church we had a lesson about Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Of Things That Matter Most" that really made me want to change a few things. Here is a quote from the talk.
"We would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most."
The "significant" is my family, and I haven't been treating them that way.
Elder U. said some of the things that matter most are our
relationships with our God, our families, our fellowman, and with ourselves. I agree, but I have spent too much time on my relationship with myself. So in an effort to be less self absorbed
I played games with the boys one day. I love playing games and chatting with the kids.


I guess in the past I haven't felt like it was productive to just play with the kids. But it is really the best thing I can do with my time for now, even if my house isn't clean and the things on my To Do list get postponed. I plan to simplify many things to take care of the things that matter most. Expect posts about my efforts to simplify.