Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Freezer jam and grumpy lady

I met up with Annalisa again and we made strawberry freezer jam since WalMart had their berries for $0.98 a pound. I'd never made it before, and actually I am not sure I ever will again, even though I've always loved it. Especially when my grandma made it. I had no idea that it would be 4 cups of strawberries to 8 cups of sugar!!!

For a family home evening treat last night we went out and got a milkshake. While waiting an older lady, probably nearly 70, gave us the evil eye because Tanner and Dallin made too much noise for her. They were squealing with delight not fighting and screaming. It was cute! I enjoy it when they play well together. But I found myself getting after them to be quiet even though it wasn't a big deal to anyone but her. I didn't really know what to do. I was more frustrated with the lady than the boys. I mean come on! They are kids. Doesn't she remember what it is like to have them or is her memory too far gone? We ended up leaving frustrated as soon as we got our milkshake. We were going to stay. At that point the boys were upset and crying. So what do you do in that situation? This has happened numerous times and I never know how to handle it.