Weird pregnancy things
- I always laughed a women with cravings related to pregnancy. Thought it was in the head, but I have been craving things! Weird thing is, I became nearly vegan a few months ago, and that is out the window for now. I started craving meat and dairy bad. The cravings are passing though, maybe I just needed some iron, or some protein, B12, whatever. I don't think I will give up the meat and dairy to the extent I had while I am prego just to be sure to get the nutrients.
- I've heard it said, "If you find yourself with an appetite like a teenage boy, it is likely you will have a boy." If that is the case, I am having another! I've been so hungry and food never tasted so good, probably because I am eating meat and dairy again. Ha ha. Luckily I haven't put on a bunch of weight. Maybe more than I need to for being 10 weeks though: 2 lbs. They say up to 5 in the first trimester, so I am actually fine. I'd rather have an appetite than morning sickness. My goal is to not gain more than 25 lbs. Gained that with Dallin and struggled with the last 5 or so.
- Pretty sure I am not having twins, but I've never felt anxious about it like I do this time. With my other pregnancies I got an ultra sound at 9 weeks to see how many are in there and stuff. Not here. No ultrasound until 20 weeks. I am probably anxious because now we are thinking we will just get a narrower car seat for Dallin and squeeze all 3 in the car. If we had twins, a new car would be a must.
- I am exhausted like I've never been before. 2 hour naps everyday. We have stairs in our place and I get to the bottom, look up, sigh, and start the hike. Sometimes half way up (only about 7 steps) I have to stop for a rest. When I get to the top sometimes I am dizzy and want to sit there for a few minutes to recover. So weird. I am in good shape. I still go to my spinning and barbell class a few times a week, but I take the intensity way down, to get through it. This is the most frustrating part of pregnancy for me. Makes me a grouch.
*Got all pictures from gettyimages.com