Thursday, November 12, 2009

An experiment

Ok, don't roll your eyes at this post.

Recently I read some books about nutrition: The China Study, and Eat to Live. The authors talk about the harm animal products can do. I will spare you the details. If you want them, email me. I decided to try an almost vegan diet for a while to see how I felt. It actually tastes really good! I've avoided meat and dairy for over a month and feel mostly great. It has taken a while for my body (mostly bowels) to adjust, but I feel more healthy and energetic. Didn't realize I felt so good until I had a non vegan day away from home. Felt sick and tired. My diet is probably 90-95% vegan right now. I am not a snobby vegan, I wouldn't even call myself vegan really. At home I am most strict. Don't worry though, if I come to your house you don't need to accommodate my diet. I still enjoy non vegan food a lot and will eat it, and like it. I won't think it is the end of the world. Actually, I will probably consider it a treat. . . until I get sick. Just kidding.