Saturday, August 23, 2008

Asthma or Peanut Allergy???

I don't know which is worse, but it's very possible Tanner has one of them. Probably the allergy. He was coughing and wheezing really bad last night. After Nate left for the ER with Tanner I remembered he ate a peanut butter cup from my ice cream about and hour before. Oops. He usually doesn't go near the stuff so I haven't had to watch it too closely. You know when he smells or eats PB because he dry heaves or scrapes his tongue like he ate poison. And he did that after he took a bite. At the hospital he got a breathing treatment and a prescription for an anti-inflammatory medicine. The doc said he needs to see a specialist and then get a prescription for an Epi-pen in case of anaphylaxis. Apparently peanut allergies are one of the most serious kinds. Yikes! I hope he outgrows it. The doc told Nate about some cases where PB was the secret ingredient in chili and a guy ate some and died. Then some kid ate something fried in peanut oil and died. Scary!