Friday, June 13, 2008

Welcome to the Family Dallin





Dallin Richard Spence was born today on June 13, 2008 at about 1:15 pm. Dallin and Kelly are doing well and are as healthy as they can be right now. Kelly is pretty exhausted, but she doesn't seem to show it very much. It has been a long labor, but the delivery was very quick. So quick it only took 15 minutes of pushing, if that. I almost missed the delivery because I thought things were progressing at a good rate, and thought it would be ok to take half an hour and put Tanner down for a nap and eat lunch. Well shortly after I left, Kelly said to come back because the doctor said it was time to start pushing. Don't worry, I didn't miss anything. She did great!! He was 8 lb, 7 oz and 20 in. long. He was huge to me. Tanner was 6 lb. 12 oz and 18.5 in. What a difference. I wasn't expecting a baby that big, but he is adorable. Such a good kid so far! Here are a few pictures. This is the first time doing the blog thing, so I hope I don't slaughter it. By the way, Tanner did very good with his first encounter with Dallin. He came into the hospital room with a peaceful smile and climbed up with Kelly and just looked at Dallin. It was cute and I think he will be a wonderful Big Brother.