Saturday, January 27, 2007

Blessing

The other day I was thinking it would be nice to have a little job I could do from home, so I started looking on the internet. All I could find were a lot of odd jobs that appeared too good to be true--and I am sure they were, so I didn't even want try. So, discouraged, I just prayed, "Please help me find something I can do. . .if it by thy will." Yesterday, I went to visit my boss that I worked for at the BYU-I Writing Center (we are really good friends), and I also chatted with a former co-worker. He asked if I would be interested in taking over one of his little side jobs of grading high school seniors' English papers. I would get paid a couple hundred dollars per stack of papers he said. So of course I said, "Yes!!! I would love to!" It will only be a few times per year, but I am sure that will be all the bad writing I can handle. I'll try to not be too hard on the kids. Anyway, another prayer answered, and I am so grateful and excited.